After months of preparation the news came today – pre-release copies of “South Pole Vendetta” can now be ordered to prepare my personal author’s inventory. That means I can now sell books to friends and supporters, before they’re available anywhere else.
Part of the excitement of that news is the fact that I have a certain level of control over the price, number, and type of books I order.
I have decided – knowing so little about marketing I may cut my own throat, but I’ll do it with a smile on my face – that I will offer a “social media – introductory offer” to my friends and supporters.
Here’s what I’d like to do:
1. The regular price for SPV is set at $26.99.
2. Those books that I buyback give me an impressive amount of “wiggle-room” in setting the prices of the books that I will sell to my “niche market” – or sell myself at book signings, over the internet, and at other events.
3. I have also discovered that I can purchase “hardback” books, for author resale only, at a substantial savings as well. These books will not be available to anyone other than me as the author.
4. My ultimate reason for writing SPV was to get my name out on the market so that I could market the more “important” books – those that are part of the Country Life Discipleship Ministry.
5. I am also hoping that there might end up being finances available to make resources more available for small and rural churches.
1. I want to offer the paperback at the lower price of $20.
2. I am also interested in offering the hardback “special edition” copy of the book for the nearly equal price as the bookshelf price of the paperback at $26.99. For $30 I can give a very limited and special edition of the work to those who might be interested, both those who purchased the earlier copy and those interested in an rare copy.
3. Every copy that I release personally will be signed.
3. This approach allows me to commit whatever – if any – profit to the ministry that birthed this whole venture; Country Life Discipleship.
Whether you’re a fan of techno/military fiction, a personal fan, friend, or family member, or simply someone ready to try a book by a new and different author; I hope this will be your chance to join the “SPV fan” community.